- 16 ounce package rigati pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/ 2 cups fresh mozzarella, cut or torn into small shreds
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs
- Fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350℉. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the directions on the package (cook al dente). Drain and set aside.
Put the olive oil in a skillet and lightly saute the carrots until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic & kale and stir until just softened.
Add the marinara sauce and the herbs and stir it together with the cooked vegetables. Put the cooked pasta in a large bowl with the marinara & vegetables tossing them together lightly.
Grease a 9" x 12" or large round casserole dish with olive oil. Pour 1/2 of the pasta mixture into it. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
Pour the remainder of the mixture into the dish and then press it down with your spoon a bit. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese to the top and the parmesan.
Bake at 350℉ for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Add a few grinds of pepper and garnish with some of the fresh herbs before serving.