For the Pancake Mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground into meal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Make the Pancake Mix
Sift flour, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a using a mesh strainer set over a sheet of parchment paper. (Be sure to add any remnants in the strainer!) Lift the parchment and transfer pancake mix into a large jar. Cover and store at room temperature for up to one month.
To Make Pancakes
- 1 recipe Homemade Pancake Mix
- 1 3/ 4 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- Maple syrup, fresh fruit, butter, or whipped cream, for serving
Prepare the Pancake Batter
Add pancake mix to a large bowl.
Combine milk, oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Gradually stir milk mixture into dry ingredients to form a thick batter. Let batter sit for 10 minutes to hydrate.
Heat a medium or large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Once pan is preheated, coat lightly with nonstick spray. Reduce heat to low.
Preheat oven to warm (about 185F degrees).
Pour ⅓ cupfuls batter into pan, spreading out with the back of the measuring cup to a 5" circle. Let cook until the surface is dotted with bubbles and golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to preheated oven to keep warm while you make the rest. If you prefer to make fewer, larger pancakes, use a ½ cup or 3/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter and proceed as directed.
Serve pancakes hot with your favorite toppings, or at the very least, maple syrup!