Egg Drop Curry
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 10mins
Serves or Makes: 2
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Plain yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Thinly sliced hot chiles (such as serrano or jalapeño), for serving (optional)
- No Yeast Naan (optional), for serving
Heat mustard oil in a large pan. Add tomato, onion, and garlic. Cook until thickened, 5-8 minutes. Add garam masala and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté another 2 minutes.
Break eggs over tomato and onion mixture. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes, until whites are set, and yolks are still runny. Season to taste.
Serve with cilantro, yogurt, and sliced chiles, if desired, and don't forget the No Yeast Naan!
Recipe by Feedfeed community member Tina Chakraborty @lettuce24