- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/ 3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/ 2 cup turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/ 3 cup black sesame paste
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 all-purpose flour
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Black cone sea salt, for sprinkling,
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter, dark brown sugar, turbinado or granulated sugar, and black sesame paste in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla and stir on low speed until just combined.
Add flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir on low speed until no dry patches remain. Stir in chopped chocolate until just combined.
Use a 3-tablespoon size cookie scoop to portion dough and arrange 8 portions 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with black cone sea salt and bake for about 16 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack until set, about 8 minutes.