Carrot tops have a parsley-like flavor that pairs well with garlic, olive oil and nuts. Toss with pasta, slather on a sandwich or bowl and dinner is done! You’ll never throw out your carrot tops again. Want more? Here are 10 Ways to Prevent Food Waste.
- 1/ 2 cup carrot, greens only
- 1 cup kale
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3/ 4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/ 4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.