- 1 can (28 oz) Red Gold Canned Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Tomato Love Sriracha Diced Tomatoes & Red Chilies
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili crisp, plus more for garnish
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 24 frozen plant-based meatballs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add Red Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes and Tomato Love Sriracha Diced Tomatoes. Use a wooden spoon to crush the whole peeled tomatoes into smaller pieces.
Add chili crisp, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce into a smooth consistency. [Note: If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the sauce to a regular blender or food processor] blend it, and transfer it back to the pan.
Add the frozen plant-based meatballs to the sauce. Cover and cook over low heat until the meatballs are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 12-17 minutes.
Once the meatballs are cooked, top them with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover again until the cheese has melted. Uncover, top with fresh basil and extra chili crisp if desired.