- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium golden potato, diced
- 1/ 4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/ 2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/ 4 avocado, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley, freshly chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Crushed red pepper, To Taste
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add potatoes, onions, and jalapeño, and sauté for 7-8 minutes covered, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl or plate.
Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a separate, small pan on medium-low heat. Crack egg directly into pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes until whites are set and yolk is runny. Transfer the egg on top of the potatoes.
Top with avocado, parsley, parmesan, and red pepper to taste.