- 3 pounds tomatoes, washed and cored
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch of basil, stems discarded
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or more, as needed
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
On a baking sheet, add the tomatoes, garlic and basil. Toss in olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the tomatoes become jammy and soft, 3-4 hours.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Add to a high powered blender and blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
Once the mixture is pureed, toss with your favorite pasta, or place into freezer safe bags and freeze until ready for use!