- 12 ounces pasta, cooked according to the back of the package. Substitute for gluten-free pasta.
- 2 tablespoon butter, I used dairy-free
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, substitute for gluten-free flour
- 1 1/ 2 cup milk, I used dairy-free
- 2/ 3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/ 2 cup fresh packed spinach, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Cook pasta according to package, drain, and set aside.
Heat a medium pot or dutch oven on low heat and add the butter. Once melted add the flour and whisk until it becomes a clumpy paste.
Slowly, add the milk and whisk until all clumps have smoothed out.
Increase the heat to medium low for 3-4 minutes, whisking the entire time. You do not want it to turn into a rolling boil, this sauce can easily burn.
Add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and whisk once more.
In a large bowl add the cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach (optional) sauce, and toss. The warm pasta sauce will cook the spinach enough without it wilting.
Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, eat, and enjoy!