- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) carton vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
Heat oil in a large pot. Add the onion, celery, garlic and ginger. Sauté for about 3 minutes until onion is translucent. Add the carrots, sweet potato, vegetable stock and spices. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 40 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth and emulsified.