Recipe from EVERYDAY DINNERS. Copyright © 2021 by Jessica Merchant. Photography copyright © 2021 by Jessica Merchant. Published by Rodale Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
We were lucky enough to meet Jessica Merchant to discuss her newest book Everyday Dinners. This amazing cookbook is filled with all the recipes you need to create the ultimate (and easy) weekly meal plan for your family. Purchase your copy of the book here.
- 1 pound fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained (reserve the oil!) and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 cups baby spinach, or kale
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/ 4 cup oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes (or as much as you can get)
- 1/ 3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and spinach.
In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and the garlic. Stream in the sun-dried tomato oil and the olive oil while whisking, until the dressing is somewhat emulsified. Pour over the pasta salad and toss well. This stays great in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.