- Del Maguey Chichicapa mezcal rinse
- 8 small Mexican sour gherkin cucumbers, or 4 (1/4-inch) cucumber slices
- 1 1/ 2 ounces Spring 44 Distilling gin
- 1/ 4 ounce yellow chartreuse
- 1/ 2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/ 2 ounce serrano pepper honey syrup
Rinse a chilled coupe with mezcal. Set aside.
Slice the cucumbers in half and toss them in a mixing tin. Muddle the them well. Add the gin, yellow chartreuse, lime juice, and serrano pepper honey syrup. Add ice, cover, and shake well.
Double strain into the coupe and garnish with a baby gherkin or a thinly sliced cucumber.
For the Serrano Pepper Honey Syrup
- 1/ 4 cup honey
- 1-2 serrano peppers, sliced `
To Make the Serrano Pepper Honey Syrup
Combine the honey and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and add the pepper. Let cool to room temperature.