- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/ 3 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/ 2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/ 4 cup cilantro, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Bread, sliced, for serving
Place medium sized skillet on stovetop over medium heat. Add tomatoes, olive oil, hot sauce and salt and stir until just mixed. Heat for 2 minutes. Gently crack 4 eggs into tomato sauce and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Check eggs occasionally for over-easy consistency and remove from heat when ready.
Once sauce has thickened and cooled (about 10 minutes), add queso fresco, avocado, lime zest and cilantro. Serve immediately with sliced bread.