For the Filling
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, or honey
For the Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/ 4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut butter, for topping
- Vanilla bean powder, optional, for garnish
- Dried rose petals, optional, for garnish
To make the filling: Bring berries to a boil in a small pot, smashing them to help release juices. Add tapioca flour and sugar. Remove from heat and set aside to thicken and cool.
To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix all ingredients well, then roll out to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 2 x 4-inch rectangles. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling into the center of half the rectangles. Top with the other half. With your finger, get the edges of the rectangles a little wet to seal them shut. Crimp with a fork.
Bake on a lined baking sheet for 15 minutes.
Spread with coconut butter and garnish with vanilla bean powder and dried rose petals.