- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups kale, (lacinato) stems removed, finely chopped
- 5-6 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked and cooled day old rice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan until shimmering. Add garlic, ginger and scallions. Sauté until fragrant. Add chopped kale and mushrooms; cook for 3-4 minutes, until kale is crispy.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan with the rice, breaking up clumps and stir frying until golden, 1-2 minutes.Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix to combine and adjust to taste. Transfer to bowls to serve.