- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/ 2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon, plus more as needed
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon, plus more as needed
- Flake sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar
- 1/ 2 small banana, halved lengthwise
- A small handful cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter, or nut butter of choice
Add the milk, oats, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt to a small pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to stir the mixture until the oats begin to expand and absorb the liquid, about 3-4 minutes.
For a creamier texture, add more milk or water as desired. Once the oats are cooked through, remove from heat, stir in 1 teaspoon coconut nectar, and transfer to a bowl.
Top with sliced fruit, sunflower seed butter, extra cinnamon, the remaining coconut nectar, and a pinch of flaky salt on top. Season to taste.