- 1 1/ 2 cups dry wood ear mushrooms
- 2 cups firm mushroom
- 1/ 4 cups chopped onion
- 1/ 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamansi/ lemon juice
- 1/ 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 1/ 4 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoons vegan butter/ vegetable oil
- Sakt as per taste
Wash the wood ear mushroom and soak in hot water for atleast 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, discard the water and finely chop the mushrooms.
Apply some oil and salt to the tofu cubes and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes or till they turn light brown.
With the help of a knife or a pair of tongs, charr the tofu cubes over direct flames. To get the best smoky flavor make sure they turn black at few corners. Finely chop the charred tofu cubes.
Heat some vegan butter/ oil in a pan and add grated ginger to it. Saute for a few minutes and then add chopped mushrooms. Stir fry the mushrooms for around 8-10 minutes.
Add the chopped tofu and chili pepper. Stir fry for about a minute.
In a bowl mix soya sauce, kalamansi/ lemon juice, salt, chili flakes, pepper, garlic powder. Add this mixture to the pan, mix and cook for about 1-2 minutes before switching off the gas.
Garnish with chopped onions and serve with your favorite drink.