- 1 1/ 2 cups dry chickpeas, soaked at least 7 hours or overnight
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- 1/ 2 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- Salt, To Taste
- Parsley, chopped, for serving
Put the soaked chickpeas and water in a pressure cooker. The water should be slightly above the chickpeas. Cook until three whistles on medium flame. We want to partially cook the chickpeas.
Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot and add minced garlic. Sauté for a few seconds and then add the chopped onion. Cook until it becomes translucent.
Add the boiled chickpeas, along with the water in which it was cooked, oregano, chili flakes, remaining olive oil, and salt. Mix well, cover the pot and cook on low flame for another 20-30 minutes.
Serve in bowls, drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice, and chopped parsley.