- 2 cups uncooked rice, long/ medium sized grain
- 1 1/ 2 cups boiled/ canned black bean
- 1/ 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno
- 1/ 4 cups cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons olive oil/ any other cooking oil of your choice
- 4 cups water
- Salt as per taste
Heat oil in a pot and add chopped onion to it. Saute till it becomes translucent.
Next, add the chopped bell pepper and jalapeno. Saute for a few minutes or till the bell pepper is cooked but still crunchy.
Add garlic powder, tomato paste, salt, and bouillon cube. Mix and saute for about a minute before adding the beans. Allow the beans to cook without water for about 2 minutes and then add rice and chopped cilantro. Mix and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Finally add the water, mix and cover the pot. Cook till rice is done.
Squeeze fresh lime juice and serve hot.