For the Cookie Crust
- 2 cups shortbread, or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- 2 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/ 4 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream, or whipped topping
To make the cookie crust: Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper leaving some outside of the pan. Next, in a medium sized bowl whisk cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter together until combined. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes.
To make the cheesecake filling: While cookie crust chills, add cream cheese, sugar, strawberries and vanilla to Vitamix. Blend mixture starting at Variable 1 and going up to Variable 9 and blend until smooth. If needed, use the tamper to push all the ingredients down towards the blades. This will insure everything is blended evenly and smoothly.
Add half of whipped cream to cheesecake filling and gently fold in using a spatula. Repeat with remaining whipped cream.
Remove baking pan with crust from refrigerator and pour filling into baking pan and smooth with a spatula. Freeze cheesecake for at least 4 hours then use a hot knife cut into 3 rows horizontally and vertically creating 9 squares.