- 6 slices whole wheat bread, at room temperature
- 6 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Use a rolling pin or a bottle to press down the bread slices one by one to make them flatter and easier to roll. Tightly roll each slice around a mozzarella stick. Cut off any cheese that may be hanging outside the bread. Repeat until all bread and cheese has been used.
In a shallow bowl add egg white, egg, vanilla extract, almond milk, stevia extract, and cinnamon. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
Dip the cheese sticks into the egg mixture and let the bread soak for 1 minute.
Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium and spray with oil. Carefully cook the bread rolls, turning them to all sides to get golden brown. Serve warm with sugar-free syrup and the fruit of your choice.