- 4 red bell peppers, or jarred roasted bell peppers
- 2 yellow onions, finely diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy alternative
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- a dash of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
If roasting your own peppers: preheat oven to 500°F. Place bell peppers on baking tray, and roast for 25 minutes, until charred/blackened.
While peppers are roasting, heat a skillet over medium. Once hot, add olive oil and sauté garlic and onions until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently so that garlic doesn't burn.
Remove from heat and set aside (keep any remaining olive oil from the pan as well).
*Skip this step of using jarred peppers.* Remove peppers from oven, then wrap in foil for 10 minutes to steam. After 10 minutes, peel the skin off, and remove stems and seeds from the peppers.
Add peppers and all other ingredients to high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve on top of your favorite pasta and enjoy!