- 2 potatoes
- 1 (13-ounce) can jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 7 tablespoons barbecue sauce of your choice
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt, mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1/ 4 head of Savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 burger buns
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- oil, as needed
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Cut the potatoes into fries and mix with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Put on a sheet pan with baking paper and cook for 22-25 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
Pull apart the jackfruit with your hands or a fork. Discard any tough pieces. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Cook the shallot 1-2 minutes. Add the jackfruit, barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 13-15 minutes until tender. Add salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, mix the cabbage with the carrot, cilantro, yogurt or mayo, a drizzle of oil, cider vinegar, sugar, the hemp seeds, salt and pepper.
Heat the burger buns in the oven. Garnish with the jackfruit and coleslaw. Serve with fries on the side.