Caitlin of FromMyBowl used Cascadian Farm Root Vegetable Hashbrowns to create these crispy, versatile pancakes! Make them for a savory breakfast, alongside dinner or even just a snack. Top them with the Rosemary Cashew Cream Sauce and you have yourself a tasty, vegan dish!
To see more recipes inspired by Cascadian Farm, click here!
Root Vegetable Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) bags Cascadian Farm Root Vegetable Hashbrowns, thawed (about 8 cups)
- olive oil, as needed
- Rosemary cashew cream sauce, for serving (recipe below)
To make the pancakes
Prepare your Flax 'eggs' by mixing ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
Once thickened, add the flax egg to a large bowl, along with the brown rice flour, non-dairy milk, rosemary, rhyme, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
Add the root vegetable hashbrowns and shallot to the same bowl and fold into the batter.
Heat a nonstick pan or griddle to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup of the batter to the pan and spread it out a bit using a spatula, so each pancake is about 1/2″ thick. Let cook on each side for about 5 minutes. (Note: if you don’t have a nonstick pan, you will need to add some oil to the pan to prevent things from sticking)
Repeat with remaining batter, taking care not to crowd the pan.
Top with rosemary garlic cashew cream, or as desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the leftovers for up to one month.
Rosemary Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons filtered water, plus more if necessary
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add additional water in 1 tablespoon increments.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use as desired.