Butternut Squash Pasta
- 3 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for frying sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, or 2 cloves garlic halved
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound pasta
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a sheet pan with tin foil.
Mix butternut squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread out on prepared pan. Roast for 45 minutes.
Transfer to food processor and blend until smooth. Mix in heavy cream. Pour sauce into a large saucepan and let simmer while cooking pasta. Adjust thickness of sauce with 1/4 cup of pasta water, then add more cream/milk/pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time if still too thick. Toss pasta in sauce.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Fry sage for 3-5 minutes until crispy. Serve over pasta.