This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes delivered to your inbox every week. This edition is sponsored by our friends at Filippo Berio Olive Oil and features a wide range of recipes all made with heart-healthy and flavorful olive oil!
- 1/ 4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil ,divided
- 1 small head fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (19 oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/ 3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook fennel and onion for about 5 minutes or starting to soften. Stir in lentils; cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lentils are heated through.
Meanwhile, whisk together remaining oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; bring to simmer. Stir in spinach; cook for about 1 minute or just starting to wilt. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.