This light soup is perfect for a springtime lunch. Top with fiery chili oil and toasted sesame seeds for crunch.
A Vitamix makes creating soup easy! Jill from FeedTheSwimmers created this Chilled Cucumber Soup with hers. Just add all of the ingredients and blend! Top it off with something spicy, like sambal, or crunchy, like fried shallots, and you have a refreshing chilled soup.
- 1 large English cucumber, approximately 12 oz/350 grams
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, full fat preferable
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon sesame oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon (caster) sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro, rough chopped or torn
- 1/ 4 cup (handful) flat leaf parsley, rough chopped or torn
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Sambal Oelek (chili sauce) *please feel free to you chili sauce with garlic
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedge
- Crispy garlic slices or shallots
Slice cucumber lengthwise, and using a spoon, gently scoop out seeds. Roughly chop.
Place yogurt in carafe followed by lime juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, chopped cilantro and parsley and finely, chopped cucumber.
Blend on low, slowly increasing to a medium high speed and blend until creamy smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Garnish and serve!