For the dip:
- 7 ounces feta in brine, drained
- 1/ 2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon lemon zest
For the garnish:
- drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- handful chopped pistachios
- pinch of red chilli flakes
- 6 thinly sliced peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In the bowl of a blender or food processor, add the feta cheese and sour cream/yogurt. Blend on medium speed continuously until mixture is creamy and lump free (about 1 minute).
Drizzle in olive oil while blender is still running, until combined. Add the lemon zest and black pepper and pulse to mix. Taste, and if you need it, add salt.
Transfer the dip to the small bowl you'll serve it in. Make your garlic chips if using- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until hot. Add peeled and sliced garlic cloves and fry on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, then immediately drain the oil and place garlic on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Let garlic chips cool.
Just before serving, top the dip with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of red chili flakes, garlic chips, and chopped pistachios.