- 1 (14 ounce) block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 clove finely grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
Press the tofu to remove excess moisture. You can either use a tofu press, or create a makeshift tofu press: wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel or paper towel, place in between 2 plates, and place a heavy object (such as a bowl or cutting board) on top of the top plate. Let the tofu sit for at least 30 minutes. Drain.
Cut tofu into cubes or strips. Place tofu in a deep dish or ziplock bag for marinating.
Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over tofu. Let the tofu marinate at least 1 hour, and flip/gently shake the tofu halfway through to coat all sides.
When you're ready to cook the tofu, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook 10-15 minutes, shaking halfway through, until crispy and golden.