- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) pack mixed leafy greens or herbs of your choice (we like to use romaine, kale, spinach, and cilantro)
- 6 corn tortillas
- lime wedges, for serving
- avocado slices, for serving
- salsa, To Taste
Heat a big frying pan or grill pan over high heat for a minute, add the oil and heat for another minute.
Scatter peppers and onion in the pan, add a pinch of salt, stir, and let everything cook undisturbed until they start to brown or even blister, 2 to 3 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring every minute, until peppers bend when you stir, 5 to 7 minutes. If you don't have room in your frying pan for all the veggies, prepare in batches.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave (flick each with a few drops of water, wrap a few in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 20 seconds) or toast one at a time in the pan.
To assemble, fill a large bowl with greens, spoon peppers and onions over greens, top with avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice, and hot sauce or salsa. Serve with tortillas.