- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed with skins still on
- 1/ 2 large onion, sliced
- 2 - 3 sprigs Thyme leaves
- 4 1/ 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the chopped cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Mix in the smashed garlic. Transfer the caulfilower to a pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
Add the onion to a large pot with 1 tablespoon oil and sauté until transcluncent and golden brown. Then, add the roasted cauliflower-garlic mixture, thyme, and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Use a handheld immersion blender or high speed blender (in batches) to blend the soup until thick and creamy.