- 1 whole shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 inch ginger, , peeled and grated
- 1 shallot, sliced into ringd
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 serrano chilis, sliced into rings
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 stack wonton wrappers, cut into ribbons
- 1 tbs grapeseed oil
- chopped peanuts
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Serrano Chili, for garnish
- Scallions, for garnish
Remove the skin from the chicken and debone, set aside.
In a pot over medium-high heat, sauté shallots in a tablespoon of oil for about 5 minutes, then add garlic and ginger and sauté until softened.
Add chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, grab a stack of wonton wrappers and slice into quarters, about 1/2 inch wide ribbons.
Once you reach a boil, add your noodles one at a time to avoid sticking together and stir continuously. When the noodles are done, about 3-4 minutes, reduce heat to a simmer and add serrano, lime juice, vinegar and chicken.
Let soup simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, finish with sliced scallions, crushed peanuts, a lime wedge and additional slices of serrano.