- 8-10 ounces thin rice noodles, or vietnamese cellophane noodles also called glass noodles or bean threads
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/ 4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Shut off the heat and the noodles should be done in 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with sesame oil and stir. Set aside.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper. In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes; remove from pot and set aside.
Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and ginger. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in curry paste until combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar and cook fully until incorporated. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in noodles , shrimp, lime juice and cilantro. Garnish with sesame seeds and limes.