- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/ 4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 16 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1/ 4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. Saute until tender.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon pepper. Mix in the flour to create a roux and cook for another minute.
Slowly stream in the broth and cream, stirring until it starts to thicken. Add the thyme, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi. SImmer for 5 minutes or until gnocchi is cooked and soup is thickened. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the parsley.