- 1 1/ 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/ 2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/ 2 cup key lime juice or lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, salt and melted butter until moistened and crumbly. Firmly press the crumbs against the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
In the same bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, just until barely set, but the filling still wobbles a bit. Set aside to cool at room temperature for several hours, and then refrigerate for several more hours until fully set.
Before serving, use an electric mixer to whip the cream in a small bowl with high sides until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and whip for another minute or so, until the peaks hold their shape.