- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/ 2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably "special dark"
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/ 2 cup sour cream
- 1/ 3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen and thawed, blueberries
- 2/ 3 cup blueberry jam
- 1/ 2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla, and mix just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each of the paper liners. Top with a spoonful of jam, and then divide the rest of the batter over the jam. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
Bake for about 18 minutes, until the centers spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan for several minutes, then serve warm.