"A really quick vegan recipe - all you have to do is mix everything into one bowl. No electric beater needed."
Apple Walnut Cake (Vegan)
More from @cucinamiabynatasha
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/ 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/ 4 cup sugar
- 1/ 2 cup oil
- 1/ 3 cup apple juice
- 1 cup soy milk (or any milk substitute of your choice)
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1/ 3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter and line your cake tin with parchment paper
Combine the dry ingredients - wholewheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, salt and sugar.
Combine the liquid ingredients - oil, milk and apple juice
Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
Fold in the apple cubes (berries, if using) and chopped walnuts.
Pour batter in cake tin and top with sliced apples.
Bake for 50 mins until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for at least 15 mins before taking out.