Fall is here, so its time for soup! Crowded_Kitchen uses Cascadian Farm Mirepoix Blend to create the base and adds all of our favorite fall flavors from there, like thyme, rosemary and sage. It's a hearty fall twist on the classic minestrone!
To see more recipes inspired by Cascadian Farm, click here!
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag (10 ounce) Cascadian Farm Mirepoix Blend
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups butternut or acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup yellow squash or zucchini
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/ 4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce)can can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1 box (8 oz) gluten free pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add olive oil. When heated, add entire bag of Cascadian Farm Organic Mirepoix mix. Stir and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add minced garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Add diced squash and potatoes, stir and cook for a minute or two. Add tomato paste and tomatoes, stir to coat. Add vegetable broth, salt, pepper and herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer about 40 minutes, or until vegetables are mostly softened.
Add kidney beans and kale. Stir and let simmer for additional 10-15 minutes. Add cooked pasta before serving. Enjoy!