- 6 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/ 2 cup skim milk, or non-dairy milk alternative
- 2 cups greens, (like kale and spinach) chopped, tightly packed
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/ 4 cup cheese, of choice, plus more for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Crack eggs into bowl and add milk. Add cheese into egg mixture if desired. Lightly whisk until just blended. Heat cast iron skillet or sauté pan to medium low and add coconut oil. Once melted, add chopped mushrooms, cooking for about 1 minute. Then add greens, tomatoes, and herbs. Cook for about 2 minutes more until greens just begin to wilt.
If using a cast iron skillet, pour egg mixture over greens and place into oven. If not, then pour veggie mixture into well-coated 9 x 12 pan, spreading evenly and pour egg mixture on top stirring well to coat all of the vegetables. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top at this point if wish. After 5 minutes in oven, gently stir mixture again to make sure that greens are well coated and not burning. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.