- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup acorn squash, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon gelatinized maca
- 1 Handful spinach
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, optional
- 11/2 cups lentils, sprouted, seasoned with sea salt and olive oil
- 11/2 cups quinoa, sprouted, seasoned with sea salt and olive oil
Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Cook minced garlic, jalapeño, and chopped onion for 5-7 min or until translucent.
Add rest of chopped vegetables, with the exception of the squash as it gets mushy when overcooked.
Add in the canned tomatoes, 2 1/2-3 cups of stock (add more later if necessary, all of the spices from chili powder through cayenne, and the tomato paste and let simmer for 30 minutes on medium low heat, stirring every 10 minutes.
Add in squash cubes, hemp seeds, cacao, and *gelatinized maca powder, and more stock if necessary, and let cook until veggies are fork tender and flavors have blended together (another 10-15 minutes).
Just before serving, throw in a couple handfuls of baby spinach and stir.
Spoon chili into bowls over lentils and quinoa. Top with cashew cream, sliced avocados, diced green onion, and chopped cilantro.