- 1 store bought or homemade pie crust
- 4 pink pearl apples, or other baking apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Coconut milk, for brushing
- Vegan caramel, for drizzling
- Pecans, chopped, for serving
- Ice cream, optional, for serving
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
For the filling, peel and thinly slice apples and toss in sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Coat evenly and pour onto crust.
Fold edges of galette, brush with coconut milk, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool and drizzle with vegan caramel sauce, chopped pecans and don't forget a scoop of ice cream!