- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 slices bacon (par-cooked)
- 11/2 cups chopped roasted veggies (zucchini, red peppers, summer squash, etc)*
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the Portobello caps with olive oil and rest on the baking sheet stem side down. Bake for 10 minutes.
When mushrooms are done, remove from oven, flip over and stuff with the roasted veggies, bacon, and crack an egg into each cap. Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on your preferred egg doneness. Remove from oven and rest 3 minutes.
Top each egg with salt and pepper and fresh chives. Serve warm.
* Note: to roast vegetables, chop 1 zucchini, 1 red pepper and 1 summer squash into 1-inch chunks and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown.