Butternut squash coconut curry soup with pomegranate seeds for dinner. A beautiful medley of flavors and a smooth creamy texture definitely make this a favorite of the season!
- 1 medium butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15-oz.) can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt, to taste
Place squash halves face down on a baking sheet. Roast at 400 until soft to the touch (30-40 minutes). Cool, then peel the skin with a fork or knife.
Heat oil in a soup pot ( I used my cast iron Dutch oven), add garlic, onions, salt. Cook, stirring often until onions are translucent with golden edges. Add squash, curry, turmeric, pepper, coconut milk. Mix well, bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and blend to desired consistency. I used Vitamix on high for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!