- olive oil, as needed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon paprika, (or to taste)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin, (or to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds discarded and flesh cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
- Harissa paste, optional, to taste
- Water, chicken, or vegetable stock
Heat olive oil in a large pot and add olive oil. Add onions, garlic and spices and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent and fragrant.
Add pepper, squash, cauliflower, potato, and the can of Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes. Rinse the can out and add that in so to get all the liquid out of the can.
Add the harissa (if using) and season well with salt and pepper, stir well to combine, bring to a boil, and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes, or when everything is fork tender. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve alone, or my favorite way is to serve over quinoa with some grated cheddar or Greek yogurt.