Easy Chili Dogs
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 35mins
Serves or Makes: 8
- Chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/ 2 white onion, small dice, plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) Red Gold Canned Whole Tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Tomato Love Seasoned Diced + Crushed Tomatoes Chili Starter
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Hot Dogs, grilled or steamed for serving
- 8 Hot Dog Buns, toasted for serving
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded for serving
In a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up into small pieces, until browned and cooked through. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the yellow mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Add Red Gold tomatoes and Tomato Love chili starter and lower the heat to medium low. Let the chili simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened; about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
To serve, spoon chili over hot dogs and top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced white onion.