- 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/ 2 cup + 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 3/ 4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or other size/shape chips of your choice)
Preheat oven to 325° and set rack in middle of oven. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. With a hand or stand mixer, cream room-temperature butter and sugars together at med-high speed until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time; mix thoroughly after each. Add vanilla, scrape down bowl, and combine.
Using a medium cookie scoop, place 2-TB balls of dough on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned and the tops look slightly undone.
Allow to cool on pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to a week (they start getting a bit dry after a couple days, but they rarely last that long in my house).