- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/ 2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 4 ounces roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream together the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg on medium speed, and mix thoroughly. Add the water and vanilla.
Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. With the mixer turned to low, add the flour to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add the oats, followed by the pistachios, cherries, and chocolate. Mix to incorporate evenly, but do not over mix.
Roll dough into balls about 1.5 inches in diameter and place 2 inches apart; they will spread. Place trays in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, until edges are golden brown and centers are set but soft, rotating pans halfway through. Remove from oven and cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a thin spatula to remove cookies to a cooling rack.
Cool completely before keeping in an airtight container at room temperature.