2 small hidden rose apples, cored and thinly sliced freshly squeezed
juice of a lemon
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sanding sugar
4 tbsps of mascarpone cheese
1 sheet of puff pastry (9x6 inches)
1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash extra flour for dusting
1. Core and thinly slice the apples with a mandoline.
2. Combine the apple slices with lemon juice in a bowl and microwave 2 minutes. Wait for the apple to be cool enough to handle. Pat dry the apple slices of excess moisture and set aside.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 even strips.
4. In a small prep bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon together.
5. Spread the mascarpone cheese and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the bottom puff pastry strips.
6. Arrange the apple slices on top of the pastry strips.
7. Fold the pastry puff in half lengthwise and roll them up. Brush them with the egg wash. Place in greased muffin tins. 8. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.