- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons Muir Glen Tomato Paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Muir Glen Classic Marinara Sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes
- 1/ 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/ 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/ 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 3/ 4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/ 4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and beef; cook, breaking up into crumbles, until browned and no pink remains, stirring frequently about 3 minutes. Season with the salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Drain excess fat.
Stir in the tomato paste until combined.
Poor in the chicken broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes (with their liquid), Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Season with a bit more salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil and add in pasta; cover, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until pasta is tender, about 14 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and parsley.
Serve immediately, garnished with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.