- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Muir Glen Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, freshly ground, as needed
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. add rigatoni and cook as the label directs, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Add onion and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Add ground turkey, 1 teaspoon salt and 3-4 grinds of pepper and cook, breaking up the meat until it is nicely browned, for about 5 minutes.
Add Muir Glen cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and stir for 1 minute until evenly mixed. Bring contents to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix.
Add the rigatoni and evenly mix.
Portion into pasta bowls and top with more shredded parmesan cheese.